1 lb linguine
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1 jalapeno (ribs and seeds removed if less heat is preferred)
11⁄2 tbsp finely grated ginger
1 can coconut milk
1 bunch kale, stems removed, chopped
1 bunch spinach, chopped
1⁄4 cup (loosely packed) fresh mint leaves
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water until al dente, 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, jalapeno and ginger; cook until garlic is soft, about a minute. Add coconut milk, cover and turn up heat to bring to a simmer.
- Add kale and spinach; cover and cook until just wilted and bright green (depending on the size of your pot, you may need to add it in bunches, letting a handful wilt then tossing in another handful).
- Add mint and remove from heat. Puree sauce using an immersion blender (or a regular stand blender – just puree in batches or the steam created can blow the lid off). Add salt in big pinches, tasting as you go, until the flavours pop – then it is properly seasoned.
- When the pasta is cooked, scoop out a cup of the pasta water before draining it. Toss the pasta with the sauce,adding splashes of pasta water if needed to thin out to desired consistency.
- Recipe by Foodess.com at http://foodess.com/2014/01/creamy-greens-coconut-linguine/